Early Years Childcare

My Reflective Journal

Revisiting My Reflective Journal

It's been awhile since I wrote this online reflective journal. I've revisited it, as I was instructed to remove the children's names for the sake of confidentiality.

I say this without any ounce of sarcasm or bad feelings: 
I apologise if the way I wrote was inappropriate, and jeapordised anybody's confidentiality. 

I did check beforehand, as I too was concerned about using first names. In the end I did so because more than one authoritative source informed me it was acceptable for my reflective journal. Also, it allowed me to remember more vividly the experiences and connections I had with the people I was writing about, even years down the line.

I'm a very forgetful person, so it's with no small amount of sadness that I removed the children's names from the posts. I'm not pretending that I frequently read my reflective journal and reminisce about my time there. But I did look at it occasionally, and I still have very fond memories of the place and the people there.

Unfortunately those fond memories will fade all the more faster now that the names have been removed. At least I had one last heartwarming read through all the posts, remembering all the lovely children that I wrote about. Hope you're all doing well, wherever you are!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Involve Asia

About

A reflective journal concerned with communication and relationships with children during my work placement for the Early Years Professional Status (EYPS).

Status Updates

It's 2 degrees Celsius! Can't we skip outdoor play just for once? Even the kids keep going "Cold! Go in! Go in!"
I normally write the posts after a long tiring day, so please point out any mistakes you see. :)